Collection of information
- The Sites collect information from you in two ways: directly from your input and automatically through The Sites’ technologies.
Information provided by you
- The types of information The Sites collect directly from you may include the following as well as any other information type that we expressly ask you to enter and submit to The Sites:
- contact information, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
- company information, such as your company’s name, postal address, and billing address; and
- usernames and passwords.
- We do not disclose information provided by you for any purpose except those listed in paragraph 9 below.
Information collected automatically
- The Sites automatically collect certain information regarding your use of The Sites. Examples of information collected automatically include:
- computer, device and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform and other technical identifiers; and
- Uniform Resource Locator (‘URL’) click stream data, including date and time, and content you viewed or searched for on The Sites.
- The Sites check your Internet Protocol (‘IP’) address for the purpose of connecting IP-fixed Enterprise accounts, but do not collect IP addresses.
- We do not disclose automatically collected information for any purpose except those listed in paragraph 9 below.
Internal use of information we collect
- We use the personal information collected through The Sites internally to complete various actions, including:
- to assist you in completing a transaction or order;
- to provide and improve service and support;
- to respond to requests, inquiries, complaints or applications;
- to update you on relevant new services and benefits;
- to personalise The Sites and future Atana products and to select content to be communicated to you or to use features on The Sites such as sharing content with a friend or colleague;
- to contact you regarding Atana products or services;
- to invite you to participate in surveys, sweepstakes, competitions and similar promotions;
- to conduct website administration, such as for the technical support of The Sites, Atana products and Atana’s computer systems;
- for data analyses, audits, developing new products, enhancing The Sites, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, or in other ways to which you have expressly agreed in a customer agreement with us;
- to prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Sharing or disclosing information
- We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- Institutional subscribers. If you access an Atana product through an institution-sponsored subscription, your personal information and certain usage data gathered through the Atana product may be shared with your institution for the purposes of usage analysis, subscription management, testing and remediation. If your institution is a corporation or other business entity, additional usage data, such as the types of records you viewed and the number of searches you ran, also may be shared for the purposes of cost attribution and departmental budgeting.
- Compliance with law and similar obligations. We may share personal information in order to: (a) respond to or comply with any law, regulation, subpoena or court order; (b) investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity; (c) enforce and protect the rights and properties of Atana; or (d) protect the rights or personal safety of our officers and employees.
- Change in corporate circumstances. If Atana, an Atana product or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to or merged with another company, your personal information may be disclosed to the prospective or actual purchasers.
Cookies and web beacons
- Cookies, web beacons and similar technologies generally do not contain personally identifiable information, but when you furnish your personal information through The Sites, this information may be linked to the non-personally identifiable data stored in cookies sent to your browser from The Sites.
- Atana uses these technologies for various purposes, including: facilitating the login process, administering, customizing and improving Atana products, personalising the browsing experience, promotions, surveys, as well as tracking and analysing user preferences and trends.
- Our HTML-formatted emails may contain a web beacon to tell us whether our emails are opened and verify any clicks through to links within the email. We may use this information for purposes including determining which of our emails are more interesting or useful to our users and to query whether users who do not open our emails wish to continue receiving them. The web beacon will be deleted when you delete the email.
Your choices and selecting your privacy preferences
- You can manage available communications preferences when you register with an Atana product, by updating your account preferences, or, where applicable, by using the ‘opt-out’ or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to The Sites or an Atana product whenever necessary.
Access to and accuracy of your personal information
- You may request access to personal information about you that you have provided to us through The Sites or an Atana product governed by this policy. You may also request to review and correct any of that personal information. Additional rights may also apply under applicable laws.
- The Sites may allow registered users to access their registration information and make corrections or updates. The accuracy of such information is solely the responsibility of the user. No access is given to other data that may have been collected about users.
- We use a variety of data security measures intended to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information.